This week I had a chance to play with Lemon Zest bundle and created 2 cards for my Crafting Happy Hour class. This card is my favorite and wants me just to take a glass and go lay down next to the pool.
- Lemon Lime Twist: 5 ½ x 8 ½” card base; ¼ x 3 ½ “ for straw
- Basic Black CS: 4 x 5 ¼ ”
- Whisper White CS: 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 ” and piece for punching
- Vellum: 3 x 3 ½ “
- Create card front from Lemon Lime Twist CS by scoring at 4 ¼”.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” in memento black ink on the bottom of the Wisher White piece. Stamp lemon slice 3 times in Lemon Lime on the left side (make sure you only do halves, otherwise it will be visible through the glass). Adhere White piece to Basic Black CS and then to card base. Set aside.
- Let’s create a glass. Lightly mark velum at ¾ from both sides of 3” side (red marks on a diagram below). Using paper trimmer – cut from one corner to a marked point on one side, repeat on another side. Use scoring blade now and create a score line ¼” from a side of the ‘glass’ by aligning a side with ¼ mark on a trimmer. You should get following shape: Green indicated scored lines. Apply tear tape between the scored line and edge. Fold on a scored line. Sponge the ‘glass’ with sponge dauber and Lemon Lime Twist ink on inside, leave some white space on top.
- Remove tear tape and adhere glass to the card front from step 2. Try to make a shape little round.
- Stamp 2 more slices on scrap piece of whisper white in Lemon Lime Twist ink. Punch them with 1 ¾” punch. Cut a slit from a side to the center on first piece of lime. Add dimensionals to the back and decorate the glass with it. Cut 3 pieces from second lime. Add dimensionals and add to the bottom of the glass on the right side.
- Adhere ‘straw’ inside the glass.